The Best Cold Press Juicer For Celery In Australia
When it comes to celery juice drinkers there are typically two types of people. Those that enjoy juicing all kinds of fruits and vegetables, and that will occasionally drink a celery juice when the mood strikes; And then there's the die hard celery juicers who have committed to the daily practice of drinking celery juice to achieve their desired health outcomes. This article is intended for the second group of people. If you juice celery occasionally you definitely do not need a specialised celery juicer! If however, you plan on making it a daily activity, then it may be wise to consider getting a specialised celery juicer that gives you the highest quality juice, along with a design that is specific to celery and avoids some of the clean-up problems that can occur from using a standard cold press juicer.
What’s the Best Cold Press Juicer For Celery In Australia
Firstly, and if you’ve ever juiced celery before you’ll be well aware of this, celery can be quite fibrous, especially when it comes to juicing. This fibre is actually very tough, and come become quite long and stringy when you run it through a conventional juicer. What this can mean, is the celery will actually clog the pulp shoot in a lot of juicers that are currently on the market. They will typically still be able to run when this happens, but it can make for extremely difficult clean up afterwards, and adds a lot of time to the juicing and cleaning experience. Not exactly a good thing if you are trying to cultivate a healthy habit and keep it in your daily routine. In a perfect world, the juicing needs to be as easy and nutritious as possible. Which leads us to our preferred model.The Omega MM900HDS Cold Press Celery Juicer is specifically designed to extract more juice from celery than any other juicing model. This means that when you juice your celery, you get more bang for your buck, and save money on celery, due to the higher juice yields. This model is also a masticating juicer, meaning that there is no heat involved in the process of juice extraction. Instead the juicer uses a lower speed of 80 RMS, resulting in the juice avoiding oxidation of the celery, which can be caused by juicers that use heat. This can diminish the nutrient value of the juice quite quickly, and is best avoided.
The best thing about this juicer is that it comes with an adjustable end cap attachment, for guaranteed maximum celery juice extraction, while also providing a standard end cap, for when you might want a break from celery juice. This is the best of both worlds in the sense that you have the speciality cap for celery juice, but also the option to use the standard cap and juice other veggies to your hearts content. The other great thing about the Omega Juicer is that it’s whisper quiet. Celery juice is best consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, and having a quiet juicer that doesn’t wake up the whole household is another strong selling point for the MM900HDS. As mentioned, the MM900HDS is designed to maximize celery juice provided, however it also juices fruits, vegetables, wheat grass and leafy greens, making it the perfect option for a whole range of households.
Celery Juice Benefits and Side Effects
Celery juice has been hailed as a superfood for its many reported health benefits in the human body.
1. Restores stomach acid and aids in digestion: Celery juice has been linked with activating the gut by restoring hydrochloric acid. Hydrochloric acid is a necessary precursor for digestion to function optimally, so naturally this enhances the bodys ability to break down foods. Celery Juice is also shown to increase the amount of enzymes in the gut, which again goes to help with easy digestion.
2. Has been known to lower Blood pressure: Celery Juice is a popular natural remedy for high blood pressure. This could be because it can act as a muscle relaxant, allowing blood vessels to expand and contract more efficiently. Here is a study that goes in to further detail.
3. Celery Juice Alkalizes the body: Celery Juice is a very alkaline food, and can have an alkalizing effect on the body. It is for this reason that celery juice is quite popular among people on the alkaline diet
4. Full of enzymes, vitamins and minerals: Celery Juice is truly a powerhouse of nutrition.
5. Contains Potent Antioxidants: Antioxidants are crucial for optimum health. Ensuring a generous intake is a fantastic step anybody can take to improve their health. Celery Juice is jam packed with heavy hitters which could explain its rapid rise in popularity.
6. Helps the Liver: It has been suggested that celery juice can actually reduce fat build up in the liver. The liver is such a vital organ in the human body, and it really can’t be underestimated how important it is to keep it functioning optimally. Celery Juice has even been reported to help create liver enzymes that flush toxins out of the liver. Pretty amazing stuff!
7. Rehydrates the body: Celery juice is known as a great method to replace lost electrolytes and rehydrate the body. This is because of the minerals is contains such as potassium, sodium (the good kind), magnesium and calcium.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: It’s important to note that in the human body there is both good and bad cholesterol. Celery juice has been shown to reduce a form of bad cholesterol (LDL) in bloodstream. Raised levels of bad cholesterol has been linked with a number of health problems, so naturally, lowering it is an important benefit.
This is only skimming the surface of the reported benefits of celery juice, there’s also a growing body of evidence to suggest that it is anti-inflammatory, contains anti-cancer compounds, can help to fight infections, promotes healthy kidney function, promotes a laxative effect, has a natural calming effect leading to better sleep, just to name a few. It’s clear that celery juice is an amazing health elixir, and we’d love for you to let us know about your own experiences with it!
What about Celery Juice Side Effects?Celery juice is generally pretty safe, but it is wise to check with a health professional before you start consuming it, especially if you are using any medications. Some reported side effects from its use include:
1. Lowered blood pressure: This is generally a good thing, but if you suffer from low blood pressure it would be wise to keep an eye on it.
2. Laxative Effect: Again this is generally considered a good thing, since it is clearing out debris from your bowels and colon, but again some people may see it as a negative.
3. Bloating: While it’s uncommon, some people report getting bloated after consuming Celery Juice.
4. Detox Symptoms: Some people who start drinking celery juice report that they feel some detox symptoms. Again this is generally a good thing, but could be considered a negative if it causes discomfort.
5. Skin changes: Some people report that celery juice does wonders for their skin. Some however may report that their skin temporarily gets worse while toxins and dislodged and moved around the body. This is a temporary thing, and generally leads to glowing radiant skin in the long term, but it’s worth mentioning as a potential side effect since some people may find it annoying initially.
To conclude, Celery Juice is a fantastic addition to any health routine. There are many cold press juicers in Australia that can handle celery juice, but our personal favourite is the MM900HDS, since it is specifically designed to produce high juice yields, and also maintain maximum celery juice nutrition. If you are in any doubt, reading cold press juicer reviews is a great step you can take in trying to understand if a juicer is the right choice for you. If you’d like to learn more about the wonderful health benefits of Celery Juice you can check out the Medical Mediums blog post Here. If you’ve already tried celery juice we’d love to hear your experiences and thoughts. Drop a comment below and let us know how Celery Juice has been working out for you.
The following article is for informative purposes only. The information presented is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or illness.